Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Monday, August 14, 2006

He Grounds Me

There are so many reasons why God gave us our husbands. As we were driving to the church picnic yesterday He revealed another one to me. Randy and I were discussing a conversation he had with a friend. They were talking about how there is good and bad in every situation and Randy made the point that with Jesus in our lives we should only see the good in everything. I agreed and then laughingly asked him to tell me the good in having cancer. Okay, this is where I get goosesbumps....he looked at me and said how many times have you prayed and said Jesus use me and your will be done. He reminded me how much stronger our marriage has become, how many friendships have been renewed, grown or strengthened, how are families have become united, how many people we have witnessed to, how much more we have turned to the Lord in prayer and the bible...and these are only some of the things we know about, I'm sure the list goes on. All this since being diagnosed with Cancer...something that is not of God but is being used by God. I believe in God's ability to heal me (by his stripes we WERE healed) in His time but until then I pray He uses this for His glory. My husband has always been able to help me clear past the fog and see everything clearly. He grounds me and helps keep me focused on whats real and important. I just love that man!!

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 14, 11:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are blessed to have your man Randy for sure, as he is to have you too!!! I have always thought you where a match made in heaven; so in tune to one another! You are both a wonderful testimony how with God's love and guidance, he can strengthen a marriage despite the huge challenges your facing. Randy has a wonderful talent to see the good in everything, which can be difficult to do at times. My mother has the same wondeful gift and she has the exact same affect in "grounding" me at times in life. Hang in there together and keep up the wonderful team work!!!
    Love to you both,
    Leanne oxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home