Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Day

Since we are all women here I am just going to say it...I started my period and I am so happy!!!Yippee. While most days when this happens I groan and suffer through the next few days as best I can, today is a day to rejoice. My Oncologist warned me that the chemo could put me into early menopause and all the nasty side effects that go with it....hot flashes, mood swings....something that at my age I was not looking forward to. So when my little friend showed up it brought me great joy. I will never complain about it again. I know I am not out of the woods yet since I have 4 more treatments to go but for now I am celebrating. God is good.

Well I am off to have bloodwork done. Between day 10 and 15 after chemo is when my blood counts drop so they want to know where they are since last time they went way too low. It is the first time Kentville is going to try to use my portocath so I will let you know how that goes. Say a prayer that the counts are within acceptable limits so I don't have to go on that drug therapy.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 08, 09:29:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Yay!! Have we ever been more excited to see someone get their period!! (And Yay for blogging where we can let everyone know that we got our period!)--Not me, of course, I'm period-free! Can I hear another big YAY!!!

    Seriously, Kelly, I know that this was a concern, so I'm glad that early menopause is not something that you have to deal with right now along with everything else!

    Hope all goes well in Kentville with the port-a-cath!

     
  • At Tue Aug 08, 10:26:00 am, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    Hurray for periods. I also celebrate mine because I would be a very sad person if I got pregnant, I still have a year of school left.

    You are in my prayers! I promise.

     
  • At Tue Aug 08, 02:25:00 pm, Blogger Shannon said…

    Would it be embarrassing for me to ask what a portocath is?

     
  • At Tue Aug 08, 02:43:00 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    There is very little that embarrasses me so ask away. Check out my next post and I'll show you.

     
  • At Thu Aug 10, 01:04:00 am, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    I'm not sure I would be excited for a surprise pregnancy...but if I ended up with a baby as cute as Leah maybe I would feel different.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home