Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Off or On?


The kids and I drove into Lower Sackville this morning and met Mom, Dad and my Great Aunt Mary at
McDonalds for lunch. Sara was so excited because they had Polly Pockets in the kids meal. We went back to Mom and Dad's for a little visit and they kept the kids while I headed into Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth. There is a lady at the Head Shop who specializes in cutting wigs. She was great and did a wonderful job on the wig. Randy loves it and thinks it looks just like real hair. I'm not convinced...I guess because its on my head and it feels like a wig. Anyway I guess its nice to have it for special occassions but I'm okay bald or with a bandana. Anyway afterward I met Randy at Swiss Chalet for supper and then back to the kids. We left Mom and Dad's and arrived home at 9:00pm. Any other time a day like that would be no big deal but right now I am exhausted ( you can tell in the pictures Andrew took). Except for being tired it was a wonderful day. I'm off to snuggle in bed and read my Proverbs chapter.

**Does it look like I've typed in different size fonts or am I more tired than I thought?
 Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 10, 11:10:00 pm, Blogger Shannon said…

    Either / or you look great.

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 01:02:00 am, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    Could you ever look bad? I must say I do like the bald look! But like you said a wig is great for special occasions.

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 06:56:00 am, Blogger Kinza said…

    You'll always look great. I like the bright blue bandana myself, though I have a great pink one...

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 07:19:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    The wig looks great, but honestly, you look great without it, too. I'm so glad that Annette used the term "badge of courage", I've been trying for weeks to think of it, but all I could think of was crown of couage. Although, you have to admit, "crown" is pretty appropriate!

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 06:02:00 pm, Blogger Christy said…

    OK, I wanted to comment this morning when I read this, but didn't because I knew that we don't really know each other, outside of cyberspace, so I didn't. But I was thinking of you once I returned upstairs and I thought, "Who doesn't want to be told that they look beautiful or that they have a glow about them?" Even if it does come from a virtual stranger. So, I've put my uncomfortable feeling aside that we don't know each other, and I'm writing to say that I think you look lovely and I personally like the bald look:)

     
  • At Sat Aug 12, 09:40:00 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks Christy and everyone else for the encouraging comments!

     
  • At Sun Aug 13, 10:48:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly,Awesome blogging. I agree that your bald is indeed a badge of courage& you are beautiful in the eyes of all of us who love & care for you.Thanks for sharing your heart, especially your love for the Father .Lifting you up in prayer, as He knows your need much more than I.
    Love to you, Nancy

     
  • At Mon Aug 14, 10:49:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know I told you this already, but I think you look beautiful "on or off", it's up to you really! Just keep your lips on and look out baby!
    Hugs, Leanne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home