Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our Getaway

We had a wonderful time...I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed ourselves or how much we really needed this little getaway. Randy had booked two nights at Liscombe Lodge but my chemo got moved up from 10:30 to 8:30 in the morning on Friday. There was no way we could do the 3 hour drive that day so we only stayed the one night at Liscombe and stayed in Halifax the 2nd night. When things don't alway turn out perfect you make lemonade with lemons or something like that. Anyway...it still turned out pretty good...we were together, away from everything...you can't ask for much more than that.

We went canoeing on the river, had a wonderful dinner Wednesday night at the lodge (where I wore my wig that night and then freaked them all the next morning when I went in to the breakfast buffet with just my bandana!!) and went to this gorgeous beach where I, in my element collected shells and sand dollars. We took our time driving back on Thursday and stopped at a few places along the way. Had a great dinner out at Applebees and spent a quiet night at the new Quality Inn in Halifax.

It was relaxing and helped us get away from everything that is going on even if it was just for a little while.

I have to thank the Gideons...after we got on our way I realized I had left my bible on the counter....how was I to do my Proverbs readings? There in the bedside table at Liscombe was the Gideons Bible...I sat out on the deck in the beautiful sunshine and
read my chapters.

I also have to thanks Annette for the delicious fruit and cheese tray...with chocolate truffles, she had delivered to our Chalet on the river. It was devine!!!

Thank you Randy for 16 wonderful years as your wife. Happy Anniversary!!! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 21, 12:11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly:
    Just checked your blog spot. Thought I'd be the first to send a comment. Am off tomorrow so I can be the night owl that I am.
    Looks like you went to a beautiful place. Getting away from everything for a few days can be very therapeutic and is also a way of creating wonderful memories. I'm praying that God will bless your family in many ways. It sounds like He already has. With all the wonderful things you say about Randy, it is hard to believe that he is my brother. No matter what comes our way, when God is at the centre of our lives and our desire is to do His will, everything works out for the best.

     
  • At Mon Aug 21, 08:41:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Kenzie is quite taken with the picture of Randy on the rocks. She keeps asking to see it. I said "Kenzie you must really like Randy"..."I don't love him, but my Daddy do", she says. I don't know, the way she keeps wanting to see it........

    I'm glad you had a good time!!

     
  • At Mon Aug 21, 06:30:00 pm, Blogger Christy said…

    Kelly, looks like you had a wonderful time - what a beautiful spot! Glad to have you back. Thanks for all the great pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home