Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lemonade Anyone?

A week or so ago the boys decided to set up a lemonade stand. They picked a good day...the cars were constantly coming to the raspberry upick across the road and the dump trucks were going steady beside the house hauling topsoil. They went through alot of lemonade and made a gross profit of $12.00! They looked so cute out there...so serious about their "business". I wasn't feeling great that day (it was just after chemo) so I was spending alot of time on the couch while trying to keep an eye on them. I was kind of dozing when they came in and put the can of money on the couch beside me with a note that said this money was for the doctors to help me get better. They didn't make the money for Rescue Heros or treats at the store but for me.

This makes up for all the times they were fighting like a bunch of wild things, sort of!!! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 15, 12:16:00 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Which Kim is this, "kdog" ? I was going to say I have too many Kim's in my life but I wouldn't give up any one of them.

     
  • At Tue Aug 15, 12:23:00 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Okay Kim, I found your other comment (which made me cry) and now know its you. I would never have guessed "kdog" as your sign in. Too funny!!

     
  • At Tue Aug 15, 01:19:00 pm, Blogger Kim said…

    What a sweet thing for the boys to do! It's the things like that which remind us that we are doing okay with this parenting thing!

    (Travis gave his cousin a bloody nose this morning--I need a reminder like that today!!)

     
  • At Tue Aug 15, 03:55:00 pm, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    Your family is so sweet.

     
  • At Wed Aug 16, 09:00:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly,
    I'm really loving this blog thing. It's a great way to keep us all laughing (and crying), while keeping us up on your life happenings. Thanks for sharing!
    That was so sweet of the boys to give their proceeds to you. When they do things like this it does make you forget(at least for the moment hey) that they act like little "animals" at times. They can be so sweet too!!!
    Love ya,
    Leanne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home