Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Did you ever have a photo that took you back to what you were feeling at that exact moment in time? This is one of those photos. While definitely not my favorite photo of myself it is nonetheless one of my favorite photos for the feelings it brings back. Randy had just shaved my hair. I had decided that when it started coming out from the chemo I was taking charge and shaving it off. It had been coming out in clumps for several days...I knew it was time...it had to be done. But no matter how much our hair drives us insane...it defines us, long or short, blonde or brunette, its part of who we are. Needless to say it was emotional for all of us and I shed a few tears as my hair fell into my lap. Geoffrey who is 7 and probably one of the most compassionate kids I know (and I'm not just saying that because he is mine!) put his arms around my neck, looked me in the eyes and told me he still thought I was beautiful and was going to keep his hair shaved as long as mine was gone. I will cherish and remember that moment for as long as I live and I am so glad I have this photo. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 03, 11:31:00 pm, Blogger Seven said…

    What a beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing it. I think I'm going to have to keep a box of kleenex by the computer from now on. : )

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 07:38:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    I'm crying again! (And I already heard the story and saw the picture)

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 11:45:00 am, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    Kelly, what an amazing picture. It seems that Geoffrey has gotten his mothers heart. I am praying for you.

     
  • At Mon Aug 14, 10:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Kelly, it certainly took guts for you to share this special moment with all of us. I feel priveledged to have had the oportunity to see it. It speaks volumes of how you must have been feeling at the time. I can't even fathom it really!!
    Hugs, Leanne

     
  • At Wed Nov 01, 12:59:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI KELLY, I JUST WANT TO SAY YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH YOUR BLOG SITE . I LOVE CATHING UP ON ALL YOUR NEWS . THE TEAL HOUSE IS UP FOR SALE . IT MAKES ME SAD BECAUSE I MISS WHAT WE HAD TOGETHER THERE SO MUCH. LOVE YVONNE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home