Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Chemo Day

My Oncologist was happy that my "counts" came back up and so far I don't have to go on the immune drug therapy. He is still going to continue having my blood checked every 10 days which is not the usually procedure but cautionary on his part. He did increase the Zofran, which is one of 3 anti-nausea drugs I am on. My nurse said he doubled the dosage that is given via my portocath
prior to the chemo drugs. He felt that I was still dealing with too much nausea, etc. It did help the nausea but has left me feeling kind of loopy and spacey, like I'm in Lala land. Randy joked with me and said that it is not unlike the way I usually am. Good thing he just took me on a nice get away.

These are two of 5 vials that they inject manually into my portocath. Then I also get a drip bag of another drug. They put the Epirubicin and 5-Floracil in manually so they can ensure that it goes directly into my vein. If it leaks out into the tissue or muscle it will kill those cells. Hence the double gloves they wear to protect themselves. Since having the portocath put in the process takes less time then using an IV...probably about 1 1/2 hours.

Well I am half way there with only 3 more treatments to go. Your prayers are working...there have been no complications and I am "handling" things well. When I feel a little overwhelmed I know that is when the Lord steps in and is carrying me the rest of the way. Thank you
for the love, prayers and support that you continue to send my way. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 21, 09:34:00 pm, Blogger Kinza said…

    I wanted to talk to you in church tocay, but I had a little sinus thing going on and didn't want to chance it. I was thinking of you though.

     
  • At Tue Aug 22, 10:16:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations - you're halfway through!!! Was it any better accessing your portacath this time in Halifax? I was saying a little pray for you. Hang in there - it's good to know that the Lord is our strength.

    Would you like a little, cute bunny? Yes, I have three looking for a home: two black ones and one white one with black spots - all FREE!!! :)

    Courtney

     
  • At Tue Aug 22, 04:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kelly,
    I was saying a prayer on Friday as we sailed out on Theodore Tugboat in Halifax harbour. Good thing God listens no matter what we're doing or where we're at. Your truely one amazing lady, God knows that too of course!! So glad your half way there .
    Lots of hugs,
    Leanne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home