Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

On Saturday we headed up to the city for Thanksgiving. That night we went to the bull riding event at the Winter Exhibition grounds. It was well worth the money as they put on a really awesome show for 2 1/2 hours. The boys loved it and are rethinking their career choices!!

Saturday we stayed overnight at Mom and Dad's. Mom was like a mother hen with her chicks home. She was so pleased to have us under her roof for the night. We went to their church with them in the morning. Everyone kept coming up and greeting us by name although we had no idea who they were. Many people said they were glad to have a face to the person who they have been praying for. They were all so friendly and welcoming.

We then headed to my brother, Derek and his wife, Kim's house. They (well mostly Derek) made a beautiful turkey dinner with more vegetables dishes then I can count. It was so nice to get together with family and enjoy a wonderful meal that I didn't have to make!! We all ate way too much but enjoyed every mouthful. The kids love seeing their cousins, Emma and Hilary but we all missed Christopher, who is away at Memorial University.

My only problem occurred that evening. Randy and I had tucked the kids into bed and were watching a little "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" when the hunger pains hit. The best part of thanksgiving is that late night turkey sandwich: turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, olives and ketchup...yum! But for the first time in many years I hadn't cooked a turkey so we had no leftovers!!! So we settled for a BLT. The next day I roasted one of our homegrown chickens and we had "fake" turkey sandwiches.

I am thankful for wonderful family, praying churches and lots of food.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad Mullen!!!!! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 11, 06:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly,

    I am happy to see you are blogging again. I was starting to get a little worried about you. Your blog is the first thing I check on my computer every day. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you. You make me and many others see how grateful and thankful we all should be for every one of our blessings. Continued prayers for good health to you!

    Penny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home