Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tell me why.....

Well I have nothing profound to say today, no funny stories or cute things the kids did. But I do have a question....why do some bloggers put those "type in the crazy letters" word verification thingy before you can leave a comment? And you all know who you are! Is it just to drive us crazy? I really can see no point to it. I'm sure some of you blogging gurus could provide a perfectly good explanation but really, is it necessary? There are times that I think twice about leaving a comment because I know I will have to go through the process of the word verification. Not only that but some people have two of them!!!! What is that about? Okay, glad I got that off my chest.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 18, 12:50:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd be happy to tell you why. : )

    Some people have software or some other setup that sends out comments with links to random blogs. Some kind soul left links to gambling sites on our recipe blog. Not the kind of comments we want, thank you.

    That's why. It's better than moderated comments, don't you think?

     
  • At Wed Oct 18, 12:52:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I should have clarified that the random software or other setups can't read the word verification letters so they can't leave a comment.

     
  • At Wed Oct 18, 03:53:00 pm, Blogger Shannon said…

    But that recipe blog would get up to 30 comments at a time. That guys, whoever it was, was really REALLY annoying. :)

     
  • At Wed Oct 18, 11:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly:
    Can you send some pictures of the kids to my e-mail address? They look so grown up in the pictures you post on your blog. It has been a long time since I saw them last. Would love to have you drop in on your way to or back from Pennsylvania if you are driving. It is very easy to find from the highway and the kids would love to see you all.
    Lorie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home