Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

My thoughts

I realize why they only give you 6 rounds of chemo...because no matter how willing you might be to do more, your body just can't take it. All the skin on the inside of my mouth is gone and I am spitting up blood because my throat is raw, I am weak and lethargic and ache all over, my head is pounding, the heartburn and indigestion is almost unbearable, my stomach muscles hurt from the nausea and cramping....my body just won't "bounce" back like it used to and its over a week later.

But after having said all that it was so worth it. I am done and I learned and grew so much through this experience. I can say I have been a Christian all my life but have I always put the Lord first in my life? I can honestly say no. We are selfish creatures and we want our own way in life which is not always His way.

Some people have asked me how I got through this and will continue to get through this. Well, I have some wonderful family and amazing friends, I have really good doctors and lots of support and help but mostly it is the inner strength and faith I have that only comes from God.
He carried me through this. He gave me the strength.

A group of ladies from church are reading the books of John. I got alot out of 1 John and 2 John was short and to the point. But when I started reading 3 John it hit me...
"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John verse 2

He doesn't just want my physical body healed but my spiritual being as well. When everything that we think is important and all the distractions in life are stripped away, what do you see? Because in the end its just you and Him.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 28, 02:10:00 pm, Blogger Kim said…

    If I felt how you're feeling, I think I'd be curled up in a ball under the blankets. But you just keep going and even find the positive, and talk about how you've grown and what you've learned. You are amazing!

     
  • At Sat Oct 28, 06:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Kelly, I hope you feel better soon!! I had a few sores in my mouth and a sore throat from strep, and that was enough. How I hope and pray that it all clears up really, really soon! I wonder if you have the flu that is going around on top of recovering from your chemo?
    Lots of Hugs to You,
    Esther

     
  • At Sat Oct 28, 11:00:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kelly, my heart aches for you. I wish you were not going through this. "Heavenly Father, please touch Kelly and heal her. May your Holy Spirit provide comfort and peace for her, Randy, and the children."
    I cannot begin to imagine the physical pain that you are going through but Jesus knows because of the pain that He suffered while on the cross. In my life, there have been times when the emotional pain has been so unbearable that I wanted to die to be relieved from it. I would cry out to God to heal my broken heart because I knew He was the only one who could really understand my pain and provide healing for it. The things that cause us pain are not from God but He allows them to happen to draw us closer to Him and nothing else in this whole world is more important than our relationship with Him. When circumstances in this life cause us pain I find that viewing them from an eternal perspective helps to give us the strength to keep on going.
    Love you,
    Lorie

     
  • At Sun Oct 29, 09:18:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Kelly,
    We just got back from our trip last night around 1:00am and the first thing I wanted to do this morning was to check up on your blog. The chemo is over and you'll get better from this last round too. My heart goes out to you.

    Penn. was beautiful and you'll love your trip. I'm nervous to open the car trunk due to spillage - bringing your truck is a terrific idea! Have fun planning your trip and hang in there!
    Courtney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home