Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Friday, October 20, 2006

6 Down, None to Go!!!!

Chemo number 6 is completed and that's it....I'm all done!!! I know everyone is cheering and I really would like to, but you need to give me a couple days to feel a little more up to the whole Yippee thing. Then I will be dancing all over the place knowing that there is no number 7!!

Everything went well today. The boys were really good but it was a long day for them. They revived somewhat when we made a side trip to Toys R Us on the way home. It's amazing how that works.

I have absolutley no vanity or pride any more so I am going to tell you this story because with my sense of humor (and the drugs in my system) I think it's hilarious. Those of you who know me well know that I can burp with the best of them at any time but I'm not much of a "tooter" (that's the only other word we use in our house besides fluff). Chemo tends to make you very, very gassy. You have no idea, I'm talking gas...I am typing this laughing my head off. Well, there are times that "it" seems to go on forever and the boys look at me with this amazed, shocked, horrified, unbelievable look on they're faces. I innocently look at them and simply say excuse me but don't blame me it's the chemo! Geoffrey has gotten to the point where he looks at me so compassionately and sweetly and says, it's okay Mom it's the chemo right? Andrew, my cynical and questioning one, on the other hand is starting to think I'm just using that as an excuse. So today, while we are waiting for "Mr. Serious and Down to Business Dr. Younis" to come in, Andew tells me he is going to ask him if it really is the chemo or am I lying! Randy and I quickly and quietly tell him that it would not be a good idea (especially if he enjoys life the way it is now!!). Part of me was laughing inside at what that kid comes up with and the other part was a total wreck waiting for him to blurt that out to the Dr. despite our dire warnings.

Common sense prevailed on the part of my son and the planned trip to Toys R Us was fulfilled!!!

As you can probably tell the drugs are running thick and freely through my system so it is time to shut up. I am tired and nauseated so it is off to bed. Love to all.

7 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 21, 07:08:00 am, Blogger Shannon said…

    We are all very happy for you! Good job!
    I cannot comment on the other subject of your email because even 'toot' was a bad word growing up. :)

     
  • At Sat Oct 21, 08:45:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    I can just hear Andrew getting ready to ask that! Amazing the power of a bribe, eh?!! Not that we would ever resort to that!!

    So glad that the chemo is over! Way back in July, when it started, it seemed like this day would never get here!

     
  • At Sat Oct 21, 11:11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who needs to pay big bucks for entertainment with kids?? What a hoot!
    At least he warned you what he was going to do so you could side track him. My boys don't always give me that courtesy:)
    Get a good rest, you've done a great job!
    Love Esther

     
  • At Sat Oct 21, 12:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yaaaayyyy Kelly! Thank goodness the chemo is finished! I hope the next few days pass uneventfully for you, ie you are not too sick or tired. Aren't children great? I'm sure you were stressed that Andrew would ask "the question". How nice that they participate in your treatments and care enough to ask. (to your horror!!) I'm so happy for you Kelly that atleast one stage of your treatment is complete.

    Take care,
    Penny

     
  • At Sat Oct 21, 01:06:00 pm, Blogger Kinza said…

    So glad the chemo is over
    It might have been quite funny if Andrew had asked the doctor though...

     
  • At Mon Oct 23, 10:24:00 pm, Blogger Tracing in the Valley said…

    I can comment on the "other" thing. hehehe. When you are married to someone who has had cloitis...bathroom talk is the norm. :)

     
  • At Mon Oct 23, 10:53:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEEEEHAAAA!!!! Is that how you spell it?? Anyway, I'm so glad that chemo is behind you. You've been a "rock" through all this yucky stuff, I don't know how you managed it all. Your one amazing chick!
    Can't wait to see you at the retreat so we can have a good hug and giggle together.
    I'm off to the big T.O on Thursday and will visit "Williams & Sonoma" for you!!! I'll chat when I get home next week.
    Take care & Love ya,
    Leanne
    P.S I would have loved to have seen yours and Dr Younis' face if Andrew had asked the dreaded question. From the mouth of babes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home