Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Digby Lighthouse

I know it has been awhile since I posted anything, and believe me I've heard about it, but its really a good thing. It means I am feeling well and I'm running the roads or busy outside.Not stuck inside in bed or by the computer.

After taking Randy's sister's daughter, Lauren, to the Digby ferry terminal we went up to the lighthouse to watch the ferry leave. The kids waved and waved, sure that they saw Lauren up by the railing(?). They had a great time running over the rocks and checking out the little pools of water. I, on the other hand, suffered many panic attacks as they got too close...or even remotely near...the edge of the rock cliffs. I am getting worse as I get older I think because I have these irrational fears of the kids falling. I can't control their every move anymore (could I ever, ha) and they are just a little too adventuous for my liking. Despite my paranoia, I did manage to get some great photos.

It makes me a little sad to think that the end is near for all these fun summer time outings with the fall chill creeping into the air. But then I dig out my cinnamon, apple and pumpkin candles and set up my fall decorations and the exitement starts for the next season. That's why I love Nova Scotia. Oh, its fun to visit all those warm, exotic places but I would miss the drastic changes from one season to the next. While I will again complain about the long cold winter, I wouldn't change it for anything. This is home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home