Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Its About Time

I know, I've been a little deliquent in the blogging department. The first part of the past week we had the visitation and funeral for Dave in Cole Harbour. This was both exhausting physically and emotionally. He will be greatly missed.

We made a little overnight trip to Weymouth to pick up Sara who we were missing terribly. She had a wonderful time with Nana and Papa but was very happy to come home with us. She is planning her next sleepover...maybe Nanny and Grandad's...mmm, we'll see.


My Mom and Dad came down on Thursday and stayed over till Saturday night. We picked blueberries, went out to eat (great fish and chips at the Driftwood) and just had a relaxing visit. Dad loves our ride on mower and cut every possible section of grass on our 60 acres, ha ha.

Our pet snake shed his skin while we were gone during the week. You know what that means...he's growing. He has actually grown 2 inches since we got him. Maybe we need to cut down on his food consumption!

I'm feeling much better these past couple of days after my last chemo. I don't think I want the anti nausea medication increased again. While the nausea is bad enough the spacey feeling I think is worse. There are so many other side effects that are not so well know: mouth sores, bowl upset (yuk), fatigue, aches and pains, sentivities (ie sunlight), headaches, etc.. One medication makes you constipated and then another makes you have diarrhea...so sometimes you bounce back and forth between the two. How exciting is that? Well enough about my bowl movements.

Remember...don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell that mountain how big your God is.

 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 27, 07:17:00 pm, Blogger Kinza said…

    You related to the Mullins down in Weymouth? Mike has a lot of relatives down there, but they are the Sabeans. Glad you are feeling better, and I loved your last line.

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 09:34:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been looking to see how you were doing all week. I was praying for you all with the passing of your friend Dave.
    Where did you find your "mountain" quote?- I love it!!
    Esther

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 11:25:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You preach it, girl! I needed the reminder today to remember how big my God is! And He cares about me! Incredible! :)
    Courtney

    PS: What do you do with shedded snake skin?

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 09:42:00 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Kinza, Randy is related to the Mullen's in Havelock and I think to some of the Sabeans too.

    Kim, we caught another snake out in yard but out of respect for you I won't blog it.

    Esther, I bought a card for someone with that verse on it and loved it (I kept the card for myself, oops).

    Courtney, we are going to make a pair of boots out of it, just kidding. We are just going to keep it and compare it size wise the next time he sheds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home