Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Being Thankful

Okay, I wasn't going to use my blog to air any pet peeves that I might have but I feel I am left with no choice. If I hear one more person complain in my presence about their hair I will be forced to do something drastic. Its either too messy, too curly, too wild, too gray, too short, not the right color or style and it goes on and on. For someone without hair this is a little too much to take. So please, be thankful for every hair on your head. You never know when every last one of them will fall out.

A dear friend of mine, Margo, who is a breast cancer SURVIVOR
sent me this email which I LOVE. Please enjoy....


There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

Well, she said, I think I'll braid my hair today. So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

Hmm, she said, I think I'll part my hair down the middle today. So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

Well, she said, Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail. So she did and had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

YEAH!, she exclaimed, I don't have to fix my hair today!

So on that note, here are the top 3 reasons I am thankful for being BALD....

1. I can get ready so quick now...shower, dress, slap on some lipstick and I'm out the door. No more blowdrying and styling.

2. I am saving a ton of money on shampoo, hair spray, hairdressers, etc.

3. I can wear black all the time and not have to worry about loose blond hair on the back of my clothes.

Pick something that you may not be especially happy about and list 3 reasons why it is a good thing. It will make you look at whatever it is in a new light. And remember to appreciate your hair.

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 29, 09:44:00 am, Blogger Seven said…

    i like my hair. even though david told me at breakfast that i had doodlebop hair. i've only seen the doodlebops once, but i know that's not a good thing.

    : )

    i'm off to do my hair.

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 10:14:00 am, Blogger Erin said…

    Doodlebop hair? Poor Charmin. And I thought I had it bad :)

    I think you look great. If I lose my hair someday I hope to look as classy and beautiful as you do!

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 08:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly,
    You sure know how to put life for us haired gals in focus, in other words, make the most of a messy head of hair. You glow with or without hair, my girl & your thoughts are awesome. Praying & loving you thru your climb. Our God is a BIG God & will provide just what you need most exactly at the right time.xoxo Nancy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home