Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Back Door

Last week the weather turned cold. I dug out sweaters and all my fall decorations and flags. I took down my summer wreath and hung my autumn wreath up and got my back door all ready for fall. I admired the changing colors of the leaves on the trees and the brisk chill in the air.

Well yesterday (and today) I had to get my sleeveless t shirts and shorts back out because it is blazing hot. Whats going on? Not that I'm complaining because I quite like the warmth but its a little confusing...thats Nova Scotia for you.

I made my husband a big batch of mustard pickles yesterday. It was truly a labor of love because I don't like them and can barely stand the smell of them. Plus I sliced my thumb while cutting the onions...which I don't like either...and it bleed something fierce as a result of my low plateletts. I know he will enjoy every bite so I guess it was worth it.
Sara has developed a taste for them too so both her and her Daddy will be in pickle heaven.

I am going to a class at the scrapbooking store "Too Much Fun" tonight and I am so excited. We are going to decorate big wooden letters with scrapbook paper and embellishments. I am doing the word HOME. Kim W. , Kelsey and I are having a girls night out with supper and then the class. We booked this several months ago and I can't believe the class night is here already. The days are slipping by so quickly. Christmas is going to be here before we know it.

Last night Kim W. and I went to a "Stampin Up" party at Charmin's home. While it is great to make a card, order some more stamping supplies (woowhoo!) and eat some really good chocolate brownies....it is even better to get together with some great friends.

That is what I am thankful for today...good friends. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Sept 20, 11:56:00 am, Blogger Erin said…

    I wish I could have stamped it up with you guys last night!!! I can't wait for my Christmas paper to arrive so I can get started on Christmas cards!!!

     
  • At Thu Sept 21, 10:35:00 am, Blogger Kim said…

    While you can never have enough stamping supplies, I have to say that I agree with you, the best part was hanging out with friends!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home