Ladybug Farm

Randy, Kelly, Andrew, Geoffrey, Sara, Skipper the dog, Ben, Luke and Sophie the cats, Sonny and Zippy the horses, a tank load of fish, 2 hamsters, a snake, a chicken coop of hens and a whole load of mink.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Chemo Update

Just a quick blog to let you know all is well. Yesterday I had bloodwork done at 11:15, met with my Oncologist at 12:00 and had chemo at 2:30. He is pleased with my blood counts and agreed to reduce the Zofran which was originally 8ml, which he doubled to 16 last time and he reduced to 12 this time. It seems a more manageable dose. The headache and spaciness is a bit better but of course it means the nausea is a little more intense too. That's okay, its only for a short period of time and you kind of have to balance things off...nausea verses the loopiness. The best way to describe it is like having the flu so I am taking it easy this weekend and hope to be back at it Monday.

I have started to get some new hair growth but don't get excited yet, they said it was probably going to come out before the end of all this. My head just looks kind of weird right now (more so than usual). I have blotchy patches of dark stubble, some longer strands of really light new growth which is not growing straight up but kind of branching out wherever and little red bumps all over which they said is called something I can't spell but is basically similar to when you shave your legs or bikini line and get that bumpy rash. Its really attractive...I'm still going out bald though and hoping that I'm going to start a new hair trend or lack of hair trend.

Mom and Dad took Sara home with them this weekend and Derek and Kim have the boys. I am so blessed to have my family so willing to help out and the kids get so excited when they get to have sleepovers. They get spoiled rotten while they are away so no wonder they love going. Its not much fun at home for them when I am sick...they have to be quiet because I am resting so much and don't really understand why I can't do things. It gives me such peace of mind to know the kids are being cared for so well, I can just rest and get well for when they come back home.

Another period started so I have held off the menopause threat for another month, YEEHAW! Chemo and my period at the same time...sometimes life doesn't see fair but I AM NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN. I am blessed beyond and while sometimes I really need to search to find the good I know that He has a great plan.

Four down with two to go. Thank you for your prayers. While I admit I get a little sick to my stomach on chemo day, knowing what I am going to have to go through...I know I can do it...I have lots of strength with some in reserve and I am in this for the long haul :o) Bring it on....

5 Comments:

  • At Sat Sept 09, 01:36:00 pm, Blogger Kim said…

    You are so strong--God is so good!!

    Hope the yucky's go away quickly!

     
  • At Sun Sept 10, 09:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't it wonderful having family close by to help out. They are a blessing during times of need. I wish I was closer so that I could lend a helping hand. Would love to see the kids. Lauren had a great time with Sara and Cameron while home at Nanny's and Papa's. She was really keen on being there to spen some time with her cousins. I hear that mice can come back to life even after being frozen.

     
  • At Mon Sept 11, 08:26:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are a lot of us "checking" to make sure you are doing ok! Don't hesitate to ask if we miss something we can help with:)
    Love Esther

     
  • At Thu Sept 14, 10:13:00 am, Blogger Christy said…

    Hope you're feeling OK this week. Haven't heard from you in awhile and I hope that that means you're feeling good and out in the nice fall weather. Thinking of you and praying for you!

     
  • At Thu Sept 14, 01:22:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey hunny, well you sure are a hard woman to track down....Been over a couple of times and called a few but no luck. But I think of you often and wanted you to know that. A note for Randy..."You The Man!" Oh Yea! You two are an amazing team!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Cheryl Moody

     

Post a Comment

<< Home